Saturday, February 28, 2009

Disney 2009 - Chapter 3.2 - Epcot (night1 there)

IMG_4027

We got to EPCOT and DH being the FPV ran ahead and got Test Track fast passes. Then he met us at Mission Space where he and the Clones rode the GREEN side of Mission Space and we got a rider swap for this ride as well. Dh immediately used the rider swap to take Clone2 on the Orange side. When Mission Space first opened, Clone2 was 19 months and Clone1 was 5 and 44 inches tall. Clone1 rode Mission Space at FULL force, at the age of 5, seven times in one trip. We knew he could handle it and he loves that side. Clone2, being asthmatic, can really only ride the green side (well it’s all we feel comfortable letting him ride). So, that’s where we stand on that.

IMG_3997

After Mission Space, we headed across Future World to the Land for lunch at the counter service there. I saw the Soarin’ stand by wait and no fast passes, and chose to forgo that fun experience for now. We exited the land after lunch and headed to Nemo and Friends at the Living Seas. We stopped for photos with Nemo, waited through the major temper tantrum thrown by one child (not naming them here), more photos with Nemo, and finally onto the ride. Princess Peanut buried her head again for this ride, but LOVED the fish inside the aquarium. We went to see Crush and she LOVED Crush as well. More time with the fish, and Dh and I were starting to get a bit twitchy. We encouraged the kids to leave, and Princess Peanut blew kisses to the fish, told them bye-bye, and then told them she loved them. Awwww….melt your heart, but we still left.

IMG_4005

IMG_4012

Clone1 suggested we ride Figment’s ride, and I looked at Dh and shared that moment that says “I’m not sure it’s a good idea with the darkness, the loud noises, the smell…” Dh agreed with Clone1 and off we went. Princess Peanut buried her head GOOD for this ride, but we got her to peek at Figment’s upside down house. She loved the fun stuff to do outside the ride at least, and ran up to grab a Figment stuffed animal.

IMG_4045

By this time, our fast passes to Test Track were ready to be used, and the boys went off to ride Test Track while I entertained Princess Peanut and tried to convince her the stroller was a good thing. She didn’t agree, so mostly I chased after the whirling dervish of a 2.5 year old. Fun times indeed. After Test Track, Dh volunteered to take over the whirling dervish while I took the boys and stood in line for Soarin’. He’d grabbed a 2nd set of Fast Passes for Test Track to use after our dinner at Garden Grill already, so I took him up on the offer. 20 minute wait wasn’t too shabby. We exited and it was time to wait for our dinner reservation. 20 minutes AFTER our dinner reservation Dh checked on it, and we were next. It was just a little bit later they finally seated us (and we checked in about 20 minutes early – reservation was for 7:20, checked in around 7pm, we were seated about 8pm). Not the best experience, but the food was good. Friends enjoyed the meal and the characters, and Princess Peanut? Well, she gave characters a high five from across the table! YIPPEEE!!!

File0124

IMG_2823


Dinner was over and the boys from my family went to Test Track, the boys from Friends’ family went to Mission Space ORANGE (still can’t believe they did that), while the girls from both families went to watch Illuminations. Princess Peanut loved Illuminations as well, and did not bury her head once. After that over, it was time to head back to the hotels for bed. It had been a LONG day for us and we had another early morning rope drop to make the next day.

IMG_4049

Clone2 did his normal coughing fits until it seemed like he would vomit for us. Found out that Luden’s throat drops helped not cough as much for some reason, so that helped this day. I also had his rescue meds and inhalers so that helped as well.

IMG_4036

Recap:
Rope Drop at AK
EE standby, get rider swap
EE FPV
Dinosaur!
Finding Nemo the Musical
Kilimanjaro Safari FPV
Africa Trails
Ride Kilimanjaor Safari
EE with Fast Pass
Asia Trails

Park Hop to Epcot
Test Track FPV
Mission Space Green – get rider swap
Mission Space Orange
Lunch at the Land
Finding Nemo
Turtle Talk with Crush
Test Track FPV
Journey into Imagination
Test Track
Soarin’
Dinner at Garden Grill
Test Track
Illuminations Back to hotel

What did the Friends do? They made it to EPCOT by lunchtime, did some of Future World then walked some around the World Showcase. Other than that I do not know, but I know they weren’t nearly as tired as we were by dinner! I was a little worried about the next day being RD at DHS and it being an EMH evening as well as Fantasmic! day....little did I know how horrid it would be! Darn Disney for changing up show times, park hours, and EMH days less than 2 weeks from when we were leaving!

IMG_4053

5 comments:

Wife of the Pres. said...

I'm tired just thinking about it! EPCOT is our favorite hands down; the BOYS love this park and we do too! Last trip we spent two days there and took a slower pace. I think it is the best opportunity to happen upon characters too. We saw all the princesses there; of course Li'l Miss wasn't with us last spring! :)

Anonymous said...

You're making me jealous! *lol* ... Great pictures (as usual)! ... That Nemo thing is sooo cool! Amanda adores Nemo, and would LOVE to see that! :D

Jboo said...

Wow!! You all are pretty amazing travlers! Looks like so much fun!

Janet

Elizabeth Channel said...

These pictures (as usual) are amazing. Next time we go to Disney, I'm letting you plan it!

(And maybe you can go along as our photographer too? K?)

Kristy said...

Wow I love every single one of these pictures!!1 I love love love Disney and I want to live on Mainstreet USA!!!! It looks like everyone had a blast and again you are an awesome photographer!!!

Love and blessings, Kristy