The boys are going to their first ever Karate tournament, where Samuel is sure to be the youngest one there...and sparring.
I may not survive.
However, both are also entered into the forms competition. This means that both must get up, in front of judges, announce themselves, the do their Kata...by themselves...in front of people. JM is ready (and eager), Samuel on the other hand, is well, a little more timid.
We've been practicing, and he's no longer whispering his introduction to us. I'm not so sure he will speak loud enough for someone to hear right next to him tomorrow morning though. JM should do great. He's excited.
JM is doing Kihon Kata Ich which he is learning to earn his Orange with black stripe belt. Samuel, who is also Orange belt did not know this form yesterday. He now knows it. However, we are not sure he should do this for tournament. Samuel, rather emphatically said, "But I'm ORANGE belt!" Well, yeah, but he's can do the Taiso Renshu form, which he does know WELL. *roll eyes*
But you know, that's only if he survives that sparring. JM? He's eager for sparring in tournament. Let's all just hope his partners survive.
Why did I think Karate was a good idea for the boys again?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment