Saturday, July 28, 2007

I had a surprise in the mail!

I got a package from our agency that had travel information in it! OMG it seems so real now. The package contained such wonderful tidbits of information as how much cash to bring, what documents we needed before we traveled, info on when different payments were due, sample itineraries, recommendations on what to pack, and other interesting things.

One item of note was "luggage weight limits" for our travel. On the international portion of the trip we're allowed 50-70 pounds PER bag checked. On the in-country flights in China we are allowed 2 bags per person checked with a combined weight of 44 pounds.

Did you REALLY catch that? We can only bring luggage with a TOTAL weight of 88 pounds for 3 of us (Katie won't have a seat on in-country flights). To give you an idea of how I pack, on our trip to Disney World for 4 people and 7-8 days, our luggage weighed around 150 pounds total.

88 pounds.

I do believe we'll be paying that extra fee for over-weight luggage. LOL

No comments: