JM came in 3rd place in forms (out of 5). He did really good, except he turned the wrong way when he started. But he kept on going, stayed focused, and finished it!
Samuel came in 2nd place in forms (out of 5). He did Kihon Kata Ich after all, and did GREAT! The only thing he missed was yelling at appropriate times. :) *sniff* He looked so cute.
In sparring, Samuel came in 2nd place (out of 2). LOL He didn't get any points, but he sure did have a GREAT time.
JM, in sparring, did not place. He *almost* beat the 1st place person, and if he'd kicked just a TAD lower, he would have. He kicked the chin/neck area, so it didn't count. Glad the other kid was NOT hurt. He did really awesome at not getting upset or frustrated. He knows what he needs to do for the next tournament.
Overall, it was quite a fun morning. Watching the older kids and Sensei do their forms and sparring was really neat (and I hope motivating for my boys). I told Dh, that I am excited that Katie will get a chance to learn Karate. I think it will really help her....like when she goes off to college as a black belt...LOL I won't worry so much about those boys bothering her! Seriously, I've loved seeing how confident the boys have gotten with it, how respectful (well sometimes), and how focused they are with it.
Then...any guesses as to WHERE I went next?!
Harry Potter book 7 is in the house!!!!! LOL I'm resisting reading it though, because the yard needed mowed and the flowerbed needed weeded...the house needs cleaned. I have work stuff I need to do. I have clothes to tag for the consignment sale. I do not have much time to sit...and read all of HP7 today. Tonight? Yes. I probably will be VERY sleepy for Early worship in the morning, but I"ll know if Harry lived or died...and what happens!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment