Dh and I just got back from a wonderful 3 day anniversary celebration trip to Disney World. :) We honeymooned there, so for 10 Wonderful Years together, we went back...without KIDS!
I figured, okay, I've struck out EVERYWHERE finding a Baby Mulan doll for Katie. I figured I could find at least something Mulan for Katie in Disney World. I was WRONG. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. No Mulan stuff? I couldn't believe it!! Sure I could have gotten a photo taken with her at the China pavilion, but to NOT have anything to purchase with Mulan on it? I was shocked. Not to mention dismayed. If you find anything Mulan, please please please let me know. Well, nothing too expensive!
Being a Mom, you learn about puke. LOL I've learned that I can't stand it. One thing you learn in Disney is that puke is sometimes unavoidable...kids, lots of "rich" foods, rides, and then sweets is a BAD combination. Here were some of the phrases we heard:
Waiting to ride Dumbo (yes Dh and I rode Dumbo...at night, in the rain):
"Just a couple of minutes! One is extra wet and one is not so pretty." It was raining, so I guess the "extra wet" one was peed in, and the "not so pretty" one was puked in. LOL We stayed away from those and managed to get in an elephant that didn't go up and down. Not a problem though as I didn't care about that part.
Going on the "Green" side of Mission Space (you know the not so intense version):
"We're experiencing technical difficulties in the more intense version so we're letting the "Orange" riders use the "green" side with spinning turned on. It should only be a few more minutes before the technical difficulties are cleared up."
Then walking down the street I hear one cast member say to another:
"We have a protein spill just outside of Buzz Lightyear. Who is on that duty today?"
Then...I heard from an older-than-little-kid size person (could not figure out if she was 12, 18, 20, or 25)..."I don't feel so good." Yes, I quickly WALKED away.
Overall, we were lucky as we were not around as many "sick" sounding people as we typically are during our September trips. See, I'm the lucky one who ALWAYS (and I mean always) sees, hears, or just about steps in puke on our trips. Never fails...the kids sitting next to me at Beauty and Beast lean over and puke between the bleachers. The kids sitting down from us at Spectromagic pukes all over the sidewalk. The people sleeping 5 doors down from us in the hotel have balled up bedding outside their room...with suspicous looking stains. Ah yes...just LOVELY memories. LOL This trip I only had people around me complaining LOUDLY of sore throats, or they were coughing, or they were sneezing. So many kids sounding like they had bronchitis. So many feverish looking tweens. Airborne was taken daily. Dh did come home with a cold.
I'll have to share photos and share more stories of our trip. My feet are aching, more so than normal. I wore Crocs for 1.5 days, and my arches were not happy. They are GREAT for rainstorms (yes we had that). I feel like I pulled some muscles around my ankles and outside of my feet. Walking was interesting, but it is amazing what you can "push through" when you are having fun with your dh. :)
Missed the kids, of course. They didn't really miss us. Grandma is GREAT! She kept them busy busy busy. Now we can not wait to take the kids back to Disney (trip coming up this year).
Here's one photo - from the day after we heard "One isn't so pretty" in riding Dumbo.
*removed because it's been long enough*
LOL...oh the new point and shoot focused on DUMBO not on us. :) *giggle* I have back focus problems with the big camera, and notice focus issues. Ignore the focus issue here, just enjoy the snapshot of us on our anniversary trip. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I just sent you some stuff I found on ebay, hope you got the emails!
Post a Comment