Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Not this time.

That's my update.

Actually, my agency received 29 referalls, 12 of which were girls and VERY few of those were in our requested age. We are really wanting to preserve birth order and after 2 boys I am wanting a girl! I need some more girly things in this house. I mean, even the cat is male (well neutered but male). LOL

I was amazingly okay with not getting a referral. I did not really expect it, I had hoped. I told some friends it was much like getting that negative HPT after TTC for 3 months. You really hoped for it to be positive, but when it wasn't you didn't fall into a deep dark place. Now, a year from now if we are STILL waiting and I don't get a referral? I just might fall into that deep dark place. However, and this is a BIG one, I know I can survive. I know I will have a child at the end (well I hope so anyway). It's all about trusting in Him and His timing. My daughter is coming to me, everything about this adoption would NOT have happened the way it has unless He had a plan and He had a daughter picked out for us.

Then, it's almost Christmas! (heck of a topic change huh?) I can not believe another year has passed. I can not believe that it's almost Christmas. It's been quite hectic this year, and luckily we're done shopping. Now, it's time to focus on us...on our family...on celebrations. One thing we're doing this year is the Jesse Advent Tree, and it's been truly awesome. That's the first link that popped up from Google. :)

Now that my Christmas Rush season is just about done (last day for orders was today), I'm hoping that my house can regain some semblance of order soon. I am also hoping to be able to start on getting the kids rooms situated, pics posted, etc. The boys are enjoying the bunk beds. All of Samuel's toys are the "boys" room. I am *almost* ready to start on Katie's room. It's going to be SLOW going until we get a referral. Of course, I've fallen in love with some bedding, and I hope to catch it on sale soon. It's Cherry Blossoms from Pottery Barn Kids.

There I am. No referral. Christmas is almost here and I'm giddy about it. Christmas rush is over. I have vague ideas for Katie's room. :)

1 comment:

Angie said...

Sorry that you didn't get the referral this time around! Hopefully it just means that Katie wasn't in that group, so the referral just wasn't meant to be -- maybe she'll be in the next one. Good luck!!!