Having been swamped with clients the past couple of weeks (still barely keeping my head above water there), we took the boys to visit Grandma and Grandpa for Thanksgiving. Ahh, nothing like doing 5 loads of laundry Tuesday evening/night/wee early hours of Wednesday, frantically packing, then realize the van is totally and completely DISGUSTING and in need of a good cleaning, only to realize that half of the city had the same realization at the automatic car wash (hey it was like 40 degrees outside and I refuse to wash the van with the boys in THAT weather), and THEN finally getting out the door only to turn around because you forgot to put the trashbag with the rotten smelly eggs in their containers out in the trashbin. LOL
So, finally, we get to Grandmas and I sigh in happiness in NOT HAVING BROUGHT work with me! Yippee!!! 3 full days of NO work. So, I bake some desserts, read a book, and relax.
Thanksgiving morning I get up and help Mom with dinner, watch TV, get dressed, and then go with Dad to pick up my grandmother from the assisted living home. My grandmother has had 2 major strokes this year, and the doctors feel like it is only a matter of time before she has another. Anyway, Grandma is a bit feisty still, and we had a fairly good visit. I enjoyed seeing her at any rate. :) Knowing how fast life passes you by, I cherished getting to see her. Dad takes her "home" and then when he gets back Dad, Dh, and JM all go to bed around 6pm. Yes...my 8 year old voluntarily went to bed at 6pm! Guess he was tired. Dh was tired as well. Me? I read another book. LOL Well, Dh had been scouring the Black Friday ads for weeks, and had decided to brave the crowds. Imagine his surprise when Thursday afternoon he found out he could buy some things online?! It was great, and reduced his need to 1 store. Since he went to bed at 6pm, he woke up at 2:15 AM. Yes, 2:15. He was out of the door at 3AM, standing in line at 3:30-3:45AM. Me? I was happily snoozing away, nice and warm in BED! LOL Circuit City was his store of choice, and he got all he wanted (except for the free camera because of a non-moving line he got into). However, he was done around 8am. He called me, told me he was on his way back. I was preparing to leave with Mom and my sister to go to visit my other Grandmother where my cousin was having a baby shower (yes a 3 hour drive there, 2 hour baby shower, and a 3 hour drive back) so I told him I'd see him later.
20 minutes later he calls to tell me he has lost his wallet. ACK! I ask if he checked the car really well (he's done this before but the wallet was in the car). He said he had. So, I start the exhausting process of cancelling the cards. PSA only carry those cards you are going to be using! Well, after getting the 4 cards cancelled, we commisserate over the lost "free meals" on the frequent diner cards. 4 hours later...he calls again. Guess what? The wallet was under the driver's seat. *explecitive* I'm now trying to remember what was on the cards that was "auto-draft" so I can call tomorrow and get that sorted out. Only one I'm needing is the card I use for business, and that is because my main work source needs to have something ordered TONIGHT, so I'm going to call tomorrow morning and see if I can have an account opened with them for the next week so I can make my orders.
I get home finally...Dh leaves with my Dad. He forgot his cell phone at the house, and panics that he lost it. ARGH. Then Saturday morning we get up to go to Dollywood and Dh can't find his wallet again. This time he checks the car REALLY well, and it's there.
Yes, I've had loads of fun teasing him about his lost wallet. LOL
We had fun at Dollywood, it was nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment