Sunday, September 30, 2007

Have-A-Kelly

We spent much of today preparing for birthday season and Christmas. This means we took the kids "window shopping" at various toy stores. We came away from this with loads of new toy ideas, many of which we hope never make it into our home.

"Have-A-Kelly" is what I heard when JM was telling me about one particular toy. "HUH," I said. "Have-A-Kelly? What's a Kelly?" JM would reply, "No Mom, Have-a-Kelly." I swear that is what I heard. After 5 minutes, during which he got progressively frustrated with me, he finally pronounced it in such a way that I could understand. "Havoc Heli" and then he talked about the battle set and how it had a red heli and a blue heli. He also told me that it doesn't break easily when it crashes.

Later on he wanted to know exactly why he could not get this set of Star Trek micro machine ships. We explained that they don't make them anymore. He said, "Well, I'll ask for them for Christmas." To which we explained that he wouldn't get them because they don't make them anymore and we couldn't find them. He got a little more frustrated with us and exclaimed, "But I'll ask for them for Christmas MORNING."

Ah-ha! He's thinking Santa will bring them, but can't remember that it is Santa. He knows someone brings "gifts" for Christmas morning. But since we don't make a big deal out of it being Santa he must not remember very well. Hmmm...I think we might have a problem. He's going to figure out this year that the person (or persons) are Mom and Dad. See, when I was near his age I asked for something completely unattainable to see if Santa was real or not. JM is going to ask for something completely thinking he can get it and then be totally disappointed. OR NOT! Micro Machines Star Trek

*hint Grandparents JM and Samuel want some of those!*

Do you even want to know the price Dh paid for the 2 sets (#1 and #2) when he was in college? Huh? I think it was like $5 each.

Oh look! MORE

anyone want to help us out in finding the Lego Minifigs? You know, the people? The boys really only want all the little people to play with, and they only want the Star Wars, Harry Potter, or Pirate ones. Yeah, the popular ones! Never mind, search engines to the rescue.

and that is the list we are currently up to. Helicopters that don't break easily when crashed (yeah right), special collector's edition Star Trek micro machines, and Lego Minifigs.

Guess it's a good thing we started NOW!

No comments: