We had games this morning, bright and early in the nice cool fall morning weather!
Samuel's game started at 8:30 with Dh as a coach to the 5 little soccer players. JM's game, which started at 9am, only ended up being a practice as our team only had 4 players. I was chosen to sit with JM since Dh had to coach. I don't do mornings, so the thinking skills at that time left a little to be desired, which is why I made the mistake I did.
I saw JM bat twice between 9 and 9:30. During that time JM hit the ball down the first base line, but got out at first. This was HUGE. Remember, he's playing his first ever kid pitch league and had gotten hit early in the season. Lately, he's been "running from the ball" and not staying at the plate to actually try and hit a ball. His 2nd at bat he once again hit down the 1st base side, but more between 2nd and 1st base positions. 2nd baseman picked it up and overthrew to first (JM would have beaten it there btw). JM ran on to 2nd, then on to 3rd narrowly missing a tag out at 3rd. He was all smiles, and so was I. I was now awake enough to realize something...the coach that I thought was coach of our team was not acting like he was overly confident. In fact he mentioned he would be thrilled when Dh made it down to take over. OOPS. Dh is, umm...about the 4th assistant coach and I thought the parent helping out was one of the assistant coaches. No biggie, I figured it was close to the end of Samuel's game and I would walk up there to meet with Dh so I could walk Samuel down to the field where JM was and Dh could run ahead. Told you I was starting to think. I get up to the soccer field and tell Dh about the situation down on JM's field. Dh finishes refereeing the soccer game in about 1 minute and then takes off for the baseball game.
I walk with Samuel back to the baseball field after doing our "celebration tunnel" and getting Samuel's snack (which I ended up carrying). On the walk back I got to hear all about how Samuel sort of scored a goal. He "deflected" the soccer ball with his legs while standing next to the goal and the ball went in. Hey, in my book, that's a goal! He was all smiles, and so was I. I was also much more awake now. We sit and watch the rest of JM's game/practice/scrimmage and I see JM make some awesome catches at catcher position and he even managed to learn a little more about playing that position!
All that, and we were home by 10:30am.
We do some housework, try to make sense of where we should be with our homeschooling work, and then work on some of the lessons and study for upcoming tests...and then I go to work and Dh took the kids to a friend's house. I meet up with them at the friend's house for some great fellowship...and now it's time for bed.
We have another early morning tomorrow! Perhaps one day soon life will slow down? Maybe?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment