Friday, August 03, 2007

High School memories, so be forewarned!

1. Who was your best friend? I had a few, but Sarah was probably my best. Although Beth was a pretty good one as well (still is actually). But then again, Carrie was sweet and we sure did get along great in college. Yet, Suzanne and I probably hold the longest friendship record...okay she probably holds that with Shannon but I definitely think she is my longest running friend. I mean, we met at swimming lessons...when we were 5 or something!

2. Did you play any sports? In high school? Not a chance. I learned my lesson in softball as a child.

3. What kind of car did you drive? Oh I was the ENVY of all my friends. I drove a nice 1988 silver Mercury Sable. Yeah, I was something alright. My parents felt like it was a SAFE care. I guess since I totaled it my senior year of high school, it was. Never knew going 35 and rear ending someone could do that much damage! LOL It was replaced by a nice safe 1988 silver Ford Taurus. We're consistent that way.

4. It’s Friday night. Where were you? Football season, I was at the game wherever it might be. Sitting in the stand, either sweating or freezing depending on the time of year in my nice oh so lovely band uniform. Yes. All 4 years of high school.

5. Were you a party animal? Depends on what you consider a party animal. LOL I was a band geek. I partied with the band geeks. Guess that answers THAT question now doesn't it. ;)

6. Were you considered a flirt? I have no clue. I had boyfriends, and lots of friends that were boys. I know I knew how to flirt, but was I flirt? Probably, but I didn't think I was then.

7. Were you in the band, orchestra or choir? Yes, as I answered above. I'm a band geek. Choir? Let's just say that my children tell to please be quiet and leave my singing ability out of the conversation!

8. Were you a nerd? Hmmm...I didn't think I was. Perhaps I should ask those friends listed above? I did graduate 2nd in the class...yeah, I guess that seals THAT. Further evidence? I think I joined just about everything I could, and was on all those lovely academic teams. LOL Just might have been a bit of nerd I guess...didn't think I was though at the time.

9. Were you ever suspended or expelled? Oh heavens no. *giggle* I was beloved by all (the teachers that is). I remember this ONE time getting sent to the principals office (yes one time in ALL my years as a student) and the principal looked at me and asked me what I was doing there. I told him. I yelled at a fellow student because he was driving me CRAZY asking to see how I worked a Calculus problem (remember that nerd thing...does getting almost 100's in Calculus make one a nerd?). Mr. Principal sent me back to the room without any punishment. I think the boy I yelled at got detention.

10. Can you sing the fight song? I do not think it has words. I can hum it VERY well. Well, honestly, I can hum the drum part, then the trumpet part that comes in...and then I might start getting confused on what the "melody" is and hum the mellophone part that I played for 6 years (our middle school band had to learn it to play at a few middle school functions).

11. Who was your favorite teacher? Oh, now, see, the "beloved by all teachers" part makes this one tough! My band teacher would probably be my favorite. Although those years of "One more time through, then circle up!" could do me in. Or, perhaps, Geometry and Algebra 2 teacher...she was really sweet. My latin teacher was always great fun. The "dreaded" Senior English teacher though, I did like her. I still say she was "misunderstood by all." OH, Mr. V....and Shakespear Studies for zero period (oooh...there's evidence I'm a nerd again, I voluntarily took EXTRA classes starting at the unseemly hour of 7:30am). Mr. S (Junior English) was pretty cool, he was also Prom Committee advisor (yeah did that too).

12. What was your school mascot? OH this one is good! A BLUE and ORANGE yellowjacket. Yeah...made sense to us then too. LOL


13. Did you go to the Prom?
Oh yes. All 4 years. (hmm...could that be "flirt" answer as well?). OKay, one year, my Sophomore year I was on Prom Committee and helped "serve" and "take up tickets" and such. I even wore a matching dress with 5-7 other girls (Beth of best friend forever above did it with me).

14. If you could go back, would you? Are you KIDDING? Heck no! Now, college...I might be persuaded to go back to college when I met Dh. :)

15. What do you remember most about graduation?
Big things shake to the top, little things go to the bottom. If you are going to do something, do it BIG. You want to be on top.

It's a toss up between that and the knowledge that our wacky school had Class President and Vice President give speeches instead of Valedictorian and Salutatorian (which meant I was off the hook!!!)

16. Where were you on Senior Skip Day? I'm not sure if we had one. I didn't skip, and yeah, that does give more weight to the "nerd factor" does it not?

17. Did you have a job your senior year? I wasn't allowed to work during the school year. Something about maintaining my grades. I did work at a grocery store the summer before though. :) Before scanners...I had to *gasp* type in the price for EACH item bought.


18. Where did you go most often for lunch?
Since we had to stay at the school, I typically ended up eating with my friends in the band room. Yeah...that nerd/band geek thing again. I tell you, I was a PARTY animal. LOL

19. Have you gained weight since then?
Why yes I have! I now weigh a whopping 12 pounds more...or maybe 15-20. I can still wear the same hideous clothes if so desired.

20. What did you do after graduation? Went to college, met Dh, got married, had a baby, THEN graduated from college. :)

21. What year did you graduate? Isn't this one of those "security questions" I had to answer somewhere? Let's say it's been long enough for me to laugh at myself there.

22. Who was your Senior Prom Date? Senior Prom? Um...Tab. That was his name. LOL

23. Are you going/did you go to your 10 year reunion? No I did not. It was only a catered dinner at a hotel not in the same small town we grew up in. It was $125 for 2 people for dinner. I had 2 YOUNG children, I was a SAHM, and well...for $125 I was not going to eat crappy catered food. Evidently others felt the same way. Only about 30-50 people showed up (that's including spouses).

For our 15 year? We're over-throwing the "rulers" and planning our own! (the class president plans)

No comments: