Thursday, August 09, 2007

100 Good Wishes quilt

I would like to make one for Katie. *okay you can ALL stop laughing now* It's a wonderful tradition from Northern China I believe (yes I know she's from Southern China). People give you 100 10x10 inch square pieces of fabric (either something they have bought, or something that has an important meaning to them). They also put a piece of that fabric on a card/paper with a wish for the child.

So, if you are family or friends and would like to help me out on this, I would appreciate it! :) I figure, at the very worst I can finish it for Katie's firstborn child.

It's good to have a goal. Right?

Honestly, if I end up with less 100, I'm good with that. I would like for her to have at least a doll cradle size quilt though. Thanks to my friend Carla, I already have 2 squares! I'm hoping that my other bloggy friend Carla will send me some as well. Don't you love the internet where you can find people who are adopting, who share the same name as you?

2 comments:

Angela said...

I'll be sending you a squish soon!
I have tons of fabric, are you trying to stick to a theme?

Carla said...

Yeah, the theme of "oops I waited until the last minute!" Honestly, I think whatever I get will be great, it will be a reflection of everyone in our lives.