I had a good chat with a friend last night, who was also a band geek. We compared music we loved playing, fight songs, etc. :)
We both agreed that Russian Christmas Music was awesome. Chorale and Shaker Dance was fun but not as hard as Russina Christmas Music. Then, she had a fight song stuck on her mind (not Rocky Top or other Univ. of Tennessee fight songs), and I thought of "Washington and Lee Swing". Yes, that was it. LOL It was my high school fight song (which is how our whole conversation got started in the first place).
Well, the piece of music that I remember the most from high school is this one:
Helm Toccatta by David Holsinger
I played French Horn, and let me say...this has such a LOVELY horn part...lots of "high notes" lots of LOOOW notes. Rips. hard sequences. etc. Just...well...lovely. I remember the subtitle to this one was "Death by Trumpet".
So, there's my geeky high school band showing itself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment