well we are. Over 8 weeks now and quite honestly I've found that I'm checking the mailbox less. I'm not eating as much chocolate. Basically my mind now thinks it's never coming. LOL
In an effort to distract myself, I've read lots of books lately. You know, those mushy, fluffy, romance novels? It's been nice. Plus it gives me something to do while waiting on JM at swim lessons. Of course since I wait in the van with S, who is watching a movie, it qets quite warm. BTW, vehicles with DVD players are wonderful! It makes waiting in the van pass quickly, except for yesterday. S didn't want to watch Dumbo, he "raced" his matchbox car from the back of the front seat all the way to the back seat over and over again. I finally had to open the side doors as it was getting hotter and hotter in the van even with all the windows open.
I had taken some water for S, in a small water bottle. He told me "Water is yummy!" ahhh...I love that. Water is yummy. AT least I could understand him with this one. A few weeks ago I asked the kids where they wanted to eat dinner. S answered, "Jumpers!" Huh? What's Jumpers? I asked where it was. "It's way far far away." Okay, then I realized that to a 3 year old "way far far away" could be on the other side of town. I remember thinking, while growing up, that going "into the city to the mall" took forever and I needed a book to read to pass the time. It was a 30 minute drive. LOL So, I asked S what he ate at Jumpers, "SHICKEN!" Okay, another bad question as he only eats Chicken when we eat out, or Chicken means "something I liked and good" I'm not sure. I asked who he ate with (as he sometimes eats out breakfast with Dh and JM only). Well, it was all of us. No grandparents, which was helpful. So, Jumpers is "way far far away" serves "shicken" or at least something S really likes and he ate there with Mommy, Daddy, and JM. Okay. I couldn't figure it out.
Last week, I didn't want to cook. Surprise surprise. So, we were thinking of eating at this sub shop, and pulled into the parking lot beside it. We were discussing where to eat (did we really want the subs?). S says "JUMPERS! Eat at JUMPERS!!!" Dh, having no better luck on figuring out Jumpers, said, "Where is Jumpers?!" S says "right there!!!" and points. Where did he point? IHOP. OH my...I got it. "I Hop" or "I jump" which can easily translate in a 3 year old mind to "Jumpers." Glad to have figured that one out. LOL No, we didn't eat at Jumpers. We ate the subs. I think Jumpers would have been better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment