Thursday, June 29, 2006

When do mail checks become obsessive?

It's become quite...umm...obsessive lately for me.

Wanna take a guess? How many times a day do you think I check the mailbox, knowing that the mail is never earlier than Noon and has been as late as 4:30pm?

1 time? I have it timed perfectly (okay, so I stand at the window ready to pounce as soon as I see the mailman leave)

2 times? I check in the morning to verify it's not gotten there, then I stand by the window watching to pounce on the mailman.

3 times? I check in the morning, then again around Noon, then start my vigil by the window.

4 times? I check in the morning, again around Noon, again after I did some housework, then assume the vigil by the window.

5 times? I check in the morning, again around Noon, again after housework, again after computer time, THEN assume the vigil by the window.

6 times? more of the same...just more frequent checks, or more accomplished between morning and vigil

7 times? ditto above...fingers getting tired...

8 times? ditto

9 times? .....

10 times?

you'd think I'd never heard "a watch pot never boils" huh?

This is JUST today...the mail is NOT here yet...will I get my "golden ticket" or not? What is YOUR guess? LOL


the answer? LOL 7 times and NO 171H form. Got the credit card bill though.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Oh Carla, I'm sooooooooo sorry, Believe me when I say "I know the feeling!" Have you contacted them yet? Just to make sure that they did get your home study?

Carla said...

I've not contacted them...I was waiting until next week. UGH..that would be 6 weeks.