With all the focus on my homestudy, I failed to mention that I have 2 documents being finalized authenticated.
These 2 documents originated from states that had to go to the US Dept of State then on to the Chinese Embassy. This meant, that I sent my original certified copies, with their state seals certifying them as original, plus a copy, plus 2 Fed Ex envelopes, plus 2 money orders, PLUS Chinese Embassy cover sheet...all laid out with directions (I checked with our family coordinator to make sure I had it right)...and made a trip to do the Fed Ex in person.
I sent it out May 25 overnighted.
US Dept of State got it May 26. (love tracking numbers and Fed Ex)
So...waiting (hmmm...there's that waiting thing again) for US Dept of State to send the package on to Chinese Embassy.
then wait on Chinese Embassy to Authenticate it and send it on back to ME!
What did I learn (besides that it's really confusing to work with the Fed Ex website), is if you send REGULAR post mail to the US Dept of State it sits in their mailroom for 2+ weeks. WOW.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment