Tuesday, June 13, 2006

still waiting

I'm waiting, fairly easily. Not too down about checking the mail daily yet, and only checking it up to 2 times a day now. :) Doing good there.

I was reading on another blog today though, someone who was homestudy to USCIS on May 24th got their "Golden Ticket" today. :( Do not know if they were the same USCIS office or not...but gosh...it REALLY could come anyday couldn't it?!

I'm still thinking we'll be one of those unlucky few who find out at the 60 day mark "OH there's a problem" or "Oh we never got the homestudy it's lost in the mail" or something like that.

I'm trusting in G*d though that it will come soon, like in the next 7 days (7 more days fulfills the average for our USCIS office). It seems so far away, yet sounds like it could be so close.

BTW, my 2 documents are still at Chinese Embassy. I really would like to get those back soon. I'm starting to stress that those documents will hold us up!

3 comments:

Angela said...

Hang in there! I know that is so NOT what you want to hear right now, but trust me, after all of this paperwork is over, and your dossier is headed on a plane, you will feel such a relief! PROMISE!

Eileen said...

I hope your I-171H gets here SOON!

I'm also with AWAA, our second adoption with them. They are the BEST! We have a LID of 10/12/05 so we've been waiting 8 months now. I hope it speeds up soon!

I was so relieved to be done paperchasing. You're almost done! Hang in there!

Jenny said...

Hi! I love your blog...we used AWAA to adopt our daughter, Katie Mei last March! They are awesome. Hang in there- you are doing great- and truly, there is an end to the paperwork!! : ) Please let me know if you have any questions!! Jenny Markmiller