Monday, February 25, 2008

I'm so ready for SPRING!

These past 2 weeks have been full of kids being sick. Nothing too major really, but colds upon colds, coughing...lots of coughing. Asthma issues. Allergies. The changing weather is not helping. The house is in desperate need of a good spring cleaning, which in turn stirs up the dust mites, which in turn causes more allergies and leads to asthma attacks.

Yes, life has been interesting!

The last 2 weekends we spent out of town, and Katie did great traveling. We went to my parents home for a "Welcome Katie" party for my mom's friends (and lots of my high school friends I have not seen in years). This past weekend we were in Atlanta for me to attend a business class. Dh took the kids to Georgia Aquarium where they seem to have had a lot of fun. Then he braved Target to purchase everyone swimsuits so we could swim in the indoor pool (the hotel website said "outdoor pool" which is why I did not pack any).

We ended up with colds from this weekend in Atlanta though, just normal sniffly runny nose variety. Except for me, I'm succumbing to the coughing variety kind that everyone else had 2 weeks ago. Katie and I both are now coughing (she's been coughing for a few days...I probably got it from her).

Katie's first time in a hotel since China was interesting. She wasn't quite sure WHY we were there and was a little unsettled. Getting 3 kids to sleep in one small room was tough. I was wishing for larger hotel rooms by the 2nd hour we were there! Another thing we learned this weekend is that eating in a restaurant with Katie after she's been in the car for over 2 hours is not smart. We've started getting our food to go and letting her loose in the van to walk around and play. We get more eating done, it's actually more peaceful, and one day we hope Katie will sleep in the van during a trip. Yes, in all our driving she has not slept unless it was late at night and she resigned herself to the fact she wasn't getting out of that carseat!

we have photos from the past 2 weekends, but I need to get them where I can upload them. Katie's first cupcake, her "Welcome Katie" cake, her bathing suit, her playing in her pack and play, and yes, the kids at the Aquarium!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I hear you..I'm ready for Spring too! By the way, I got the adorable polka dot bow and ladybug bow, thank you so much! You have a beautiful family!!

Denise said...

A travel group is leaving on the 13th, but of course our TA has not arrived yet...please pray that a big batch of them comes in this week! Thanks~

Anonymous said...

Hi Carla
I'm looking forward to seeing those pics once you have them downloaded! c",)
And I hope those sniffles clear up soon!