We had to send in a post-placement report to our state within 45 days of placement/getting home. We got a copy in the mail this week, and I just read it.
It ended with, "I recommend this placement continue."
I'm so glad. I would hate to see them try to pry Katie out of our arms! Someone asked me recently if I was bonded to her or not yet. I looked at them quizzically, and then I realized what they were asking. When we had the boys, I felt like I was just babysitting them while in the hospital and it took a few days to feel like "Mom" to them. I think that is what they were asking. With Katie, it took until around Wednesday/Thursday in China to feel like "Mom" to her. Honestly, the first time I felt like Mom was when Momma Bear came out...they gave her a shot in China on Thursday and she cried so hard and I jumped off the seat and grabbed her as soon as they let me. Monday and Tuesday in China (Monday was "Katie Day") it felt just like it did with the boys in the hospital - like I was babysitting her. So yes, she's mine. Just like the boys are mine.
2 more post placement visits to go.
1 "re-adoption"
and apply for her US passport!
then...maybe? finally? the end of the paperwork for Katie's Adoption!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
:) I remember very well that babysitting feeling...so wonderful when that momma attachment strikes, isn't it?
BTW, we got Luci's US passport after we got the social security number. We still haven't readopted (but plan on it!).
Oh how I know that babysitting feeling too! I am so glad that is gone! Congrats on "passing"!
I haven't even gotten to China yet, have to renew the I-171H and fingerprints... again... and I am ready to finish up with paperwork... yet there is SO much more... waahhhh
Post a Comment