At least that is what Katie indicated to me today. I asked her, "Am I Momma?" She shook her head no with a very serious look on her face. She knows I am supposed to be Momma, but she showed me today that I have not quite gotten there yet. We are working on it, and slowly bit by bit we will get there.
This past week has been a whirlwind of activity. I think all weeks are that way now. But last weekend we went up to visit my family for a "Welcome Katie" shower and we got to visit with some good friends. One friend I had not seen since high school and it was wonderful to reconnect.
This week has been full of illness. Nothing major really, the tail ends of colds. Except for Samuel. Samuel's asthma is out of control, and combined with a chest cold, he ended up with bronchitis. He's doing much better, but he sounded so incredibly bad earlier this week. Especially at night, and thus, I slept near him and did not get much sleep at all for 3 nights.
I've gotten 3 bows from the bow swap and I love them all. I had to laugh at one set, it was from Gymboree's Sunflower Fields line. I bought 3 outfits from consignment from that line because I did not manage to get any last year and I loved it. I was so happy to get that set of bows in to match those outfits! Another set of bows came from someone who lives not too far from me, and hopefully one day we'll get to meet her.
I'll update with photos later...and hopefully update more text later as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Carla - I love your posts about your adoption (& post-adoption) journey. All 3 of your kids are adorable and lucky to have a mom with such a big and patient heart.
Thanks for stopping by my blog too. I always enjoy your encouraging comments.
Oh--I bet that made you cry! It won't be long, though, you WILL be MAMA all the time.
Will be praying for her heart to open and for Samuel to get well.
Hi Carla, I want to thank you so much for the beautiful bows!!!! When I got home today from a long seminar I checked the mailbox and there it was and it just made my day!!!! I love both of the bows and as soon as I can I am going to post a picture of them on my blog. I just can't tell you how cute I think they are and how absolutely without a doubt precious Katie is!!! Just can't wait to be able to see them in my little angels hair! I am going to put that picture in Franceskas babybook!!!! Thank you again. I am really looking forward to reading all about you and your family. Thank you and God bless each of you.
Love and blessings, Kristy
Post a Comment