Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Shoe Container

Works for me Wednesday!

Having 2 little boys means that I end up with shoes all over the house. Being little (and boys) their observation skills when looking for lost items (such as a left shoe) are lacking. I finally gave in, and put a large box in the bottom of our coat closet. This is our "shoe box" and all shoes that are being used at this time go in this box for easy finding. Crocs, tennis shoes, dress shoes, etc. go here. The cleats go on the floor next to the box (due to the large quantities of mud/dirt that collect on them). I keep my dress shoes out of the box because I can normally find my own shoes.

This has really helped us in getting out the door faster, and helped us to keep from tripping over various loose shoes laying on the floor.

3 comments:

Marcia Francois said...

That is a great idea and one that little boys will find easy to use.

Angela said...

We have a big basket, but for some reason, my girls just dump the whole thing out and play with them, and we are always missing one shoe!!! Thought it was only me, it makes me crazy!!!

Unknown said...

A nice idea...I may follow with my josef seibel shoes also..