Why? Because it's just so dismal. I know there is nothing I can do about it, I know I need to be patient, but the news this month was really discouraging. After I eat my share of the Easter chocolate, eat some good ice cream, and read a nice fluffy romance novel I know I'll be more upbeat again.
So, the news...ugh...for those not involved in China adoption, it's 2 days of Log In Dates. This means that China got through October 26, 2005 this month (last month they got through October 24, 2006). Yeah. What does this mean exactly?
Well, we're not really sure. Less paper ready babies or were there a TON of families logged in on those days. One of the two is correct. What this means for us, is well, we're not sure.
Oct 27-31, 2005 = 4 days
Nov 1-30, 2005 = 30 days
Dec 1-31, 2005 = 31 days
Jan 2006 = 31 days
Feb 2006 = 28 days
Mar 2006 = 31 days
April 2006 = 30 days (this is when I hoped to be DTC by the way)
May 2006 = 31 days
June 2006 = 30 days
July 2006 = 31 days
August 2006 = 31 days (when we finally made it DTC after excruciating waits for fingerprints and USCIS approval)
Sept 1-14, 2006 = 14 days (we're LID Sept 14,2006)
See those days listed, China MUST get through all of those days for us to get our Non-Special Needs referral. If they continue at 2 days of LID, well, it's going to be LONG time. Days really don't mean a whole lot, because it all depends on how many families are logged in each day and how many paper ready children are available. If I've done my math correctly, we have 322 days worth to wait. Rumor Queen posted at one point that each month of LIDs will take an average of 2.3 months to get through based on recent statistics. There are still 12 months up there, and since I know Oct 31 is HUGE, it's possible next month will make it through Oct. 31,2005 only. This means, 12*2.3 = 27.6 (or 28). That means from TODAY, we have roughly 28 more months to wait. I sort of feel like things will speed up and it will be only 18-24 more months though because many of the 2006 months are quite a bit smaller than Oct 2005 and Nov 2005 months.
On the Special Needs front, we did not get a call with the latest batch. I have no idea when the next batch is due, sometime in the next 3-4 months (average for the past 9 months has been 2 months...but 3-4 months is normal). I have no idea if Katie will even be in that batch, nor do I know where we are on the list with our agency.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I can totally relate - this is the toughest news yet - I was prepared for 16-18 months, but 2 + years is really pushing it!!! I'm praying for a speed up and yes, we are applying for special needs lists as well - we'll see what happens!!
I was so sorry to hear this news. I feel really bad for families like yours who have no idea when they will see their daughter. Hang in there!
Post a Comment