Saturday, October 07, 2006

Celebrated my youngest's bday

We had a Pirate party theme, and despite the wanting to switch a week ago to a Star Wars party...it went great. Moon bounce, running around, and playing Pirate when you are 4 is just grand.

I made "Great Mommy" status today though with the party. S LOVED his cakes. Yes, I had a "brain fart" when I saw the cake on Family Fun's website. What in the world was I thinking? Okay, other than "COOL CAKE!"



Okay, the 2 "Pirate Ships" were indeed cake and frosting (and probably about 2 pounds of wood after all the toothpicks and wooden skewers I had to use to try and hold them together). I put Playmobil pirates on them, made the sails, Nestle treasures for "treasure" on the ship, and a Playmobil treasure chest on the cake-taker. Rolos were for "gold" and MilkDuds were cannonballs. Pretty clever of Family Fun I thought to use those (see I'm not even trying to take credit for THAT creativity).

The 2 blue circle cakes were "ocean" cakes and what we actually ended up eating. Again, playmobil pirates and Disney pirates for decorations. Plastic gold coins on the table in place of confetti for decorations. I do take credit for this creativity, although the "ocean cakes" were always my plan for backup if I could not get the ships assembled. I had not thought of the scenario of getting the ships assembled but they probably are not edible!

The kids all LOVED it of course, which made it worthwhile. But oh my am I ever TIRED now.

No comments: